U.S. Marine Safety Association
Code of Ethics
Each member, in the performance of their
profession, stands in a position of
trust in relation to the USMSA as well as their clients. The Ethical Conduct
and Ethical Practices delineated herein are intended to guide and assure the
professionalism of the members of the USMSA. In the performance of their
duties, it is recognized that the competence and knowledge of the members
reflects their respective abilities and qualifications. These principles and
canons will permit the USMSA to act in an ethical and professional manner,
thereby upholding the integrity of the association and its members.
The Fundamental Principles
The members of the USMSA shall uphold and advance
their integrity, honor,
and dignity by:
1. Endeavoring to expand the competence and
prestige of the Marine Safety
2. Being truthful and objective in serving their
customers, associates and
3. Adhering to appropriate regulations and laws;
4. Using their knowledge and skill for the advancement of the industry.
The Fundamental Canons
Canons express in general terms the standards of
expected of members of the USMSA. This member shall:
1. Perform services only in the areas of their competence.
2. Build their reputation on the merit of their products and services.
3. Continue their professional development throughout their careers.
4. Disseminate knowledge in a truthful and
objective manner for the benefit
of the association and the industry.
5. At all times display the highest
standards of integrity and competence.
10/21/93 12/14/93 10/13/94 12/13/93 5/20/94